Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, In an interview with the Hausa service of the BBC, says some politicians paid miscreants to boo President Buhari in Borno state.
Recall that, On Wednesday, some residents of the state booed the president as his convoy made its way into Maiduguri. Buhari was on a condolence visit to the state over the killing of 30 citizens at Auno on Sunday.
“I was part of the delegation that entered Maiduguri right from the airport to the palace of the Shehu of Borno. The people came out to say thank you and welcome us,”
“But there was a group which came out shouting ‘we don’t want’.
“Some politicians gathered some miscreants and paid them money to boo Buhari.”
The presidential spokesman said the administration has the capacity to fight the insurgents.
During the visit, Babagana Zulum, governor of the state, told the president that the military needed to change its strategy in the fight against Boko Haram.
He said the military needs to take the war to the insurgents in their hideouts.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani