Two major Middle East countries, Saudi Arabia and Qatar,have been fingered as sponsors of the Boko Haram terrorist group that has plagued Nigeria with unprecedented unrest manifest in heartless horrendous killings of innocent Nigerians and heavy loss of troops for over a decade.
Revealing this was Nicephore Soglo, former president of Benin Republic Soglo while speaking at the Constitutional Term Limits summit taking place at Naimey, Niger Republic, where he urged Africans to stand together and remain united to solve their own problems.
Soglo charged Africa, and West Africa in particular, to work hard at solving its own problems; adding that the continental subregion should be able to identify its real friends.
“Boko Haram is funded by our friends from Saudi Arabia and our friends from Qatar. Are we friends or foes? Let’s tell ourselves the truth. We have to stand together,” Soglo charged even as he enthused that: “I’m optimistic we are going to win if we stand together.”
The ongoing summit is organised by the National Democratic Institute (NDI) where Nigeria’s former President Goodluck Jonathan is one of the speakers.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Obama is now trying to take credit for the Economic Boom under my Administration – Trump
- Urhobo Union reacts to Fulani Herdsmen attack in Delta state, says’ we will defend ourselves
- I am Beautiful but Men Run away from me – Single Lady Laments
- Amaechi Chief Security Officer Electrocuted in Kaduna (photos)
- Boko Haram killing of the CAN chairman is not Buhari’s Fault – Femi Adesina
- My Girlfriend Made me Eat Her A*s and Taste Her Shit
- Photos of Abacha’s ’40 year old’ Uncompleted Building Abandoned in Lagos
- Supreme Court Adjourns Review Of Imo Governorship Case To March 2
- Gunmen shoots Custom officers Evacuating Bags of Smuggled Rice in Ogun state (photos)
- Bandits kills 4 soldiers and 2 Civilians in Bayelsa state