The Honourable Minister of Communications, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami FNCS, FBCS, FIIM has directed the Telecom Regulators, Nigerian Communications Commission to block the over 9 Million pre-registered Sim cards in circulation in the Country, until the users present themselves.
The Minister made this disclosure today while addressing the Executive Councils of both the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria (CPN), who paid a courtesy visit to the Ministry’s Headquarters, Abuja.
The Professional Bodies were at the Ministry to Congratulate the Honourable Minister on his appointment and also pledged their 100% support to move Nigeria’s ICT Sector forward.
Dr Pantami asserted that President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR is a result-oriented individual, stressing that his modest achievement as the Director-General of National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) elevated him to the post he occupies today on merit.
Pantami further admonished the positive contributions stakeholders in the ICT sector are playing which has resulted in ICT surpassing Oil and Gas in contributions to the Nations Gross Domestics Product (GDP).
“I am here with a clear vision to promote Nigeria’s ICT sector and move her to the Next Level”, he concluded.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- US drinking water contaminated with chemicals
- Boy kills his mother and Twin Brothers, then goes back to school as if nothing happened
- We will Not allow US to assassinate Iranian new Quds Force commander – Russia
- Obama drops Bombshell, Moves to Intervene in 2020 US Election
- Biafra: Facebook Has Republished my Page – Nnamdi Kanu (photos)