The 23 persons killed in last Sunday’s attack by suspected herdsmen in Kwatas community of Bokkos local government area, Plateau State, were given a mass burial yesterday in the community.
Women, children and the aged mourned as they watched their loved ones being laid into the mass grave at about 2:00 p.m. Dressed in black, sympathizers, made up of women, children, young people and the aged, had gathered at Luna Mortuary in Bokkos town to bid farewell to their loved ones.
A community youth leader, John Akans, confirmed that 23 bodies were laid into the mass grave. “The mass burial has been conducted and 23 bodies were buried; women, youths and children who put on black clothes all gathered; Bokkos community was in a mourning mood,” John said.
Those buried were 13 people attacked and killed on Sunday night in Kwattas. Two had died on Monday and eight others were killed in different parts of Bokkos together with those who died as a result of fatal injuries at the state hospital.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men