A caliph is a religious leader in Islam, believed to be the successor to the Prophet Muhammad. The caliph is the head of the “ummah,” or the community of the faithful. Over time, the caliphate became a religiopolitical position, in which the caliph ruled over the Muslim empire
THE WORDS OF THE CALIPHS
These are the words of both the present and past Muslim leaders in Nigeria.
“I have been given the sword of truth to defeat and conquer the enemies of Allah. I will establish the Caliphate to rule over all and Sakwoto shall be its capital. It is either the pagans and unbelievers accept sharia and the Koran or they accept the sword”- Sheik Usman Dan Fodio,1804.
“Since 1914, the British Government has been trying to make Nigeria into one country, but the Nigerian people themselves are historically different in their backgrounds, in their religious beliefs and customs and do not show themselves any sign of willingness to unite… Nigerian unity is only a British intention for the country”- Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, 1948.
“We the people of the north will continue our stated intention to conquer the south and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores”- Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Saurdana of Sokoto and Premier of the Northern Region of Nigeria, 1957.
“The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Othman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use the minorities in the North as willing tools and the South as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future”- Sir Ahmadu Bello, Premier of Northern Nigeria, 1961.
“I would rather employ a foreigner in the northern civil service than employ an Igbo. Igbos tend to always want to dominate others wherever they go and we do not want that in the north”- Sir Ahmadu Bello, Premier of Northern Nigeria, 1963.
“I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria. God-willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia all over the country”- General Muhammadu Buhari, 2001.
“Muslims should only vote for Muslims and those who will defend their faith”- General Muhammadu Buhari, 2001.
“Why should Christians complain when limbs are being cut off in the name of sharia? After all these are Muslim limbs and not Christian ones”- General Muhammadu Buhari, 2001.
“Why are your (Yoruba) people killing my (Fulani) people”- General Muhammadu Buhari, 2001.
“An attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north”- General Muhammadu Buhari, 2013.
“The Fulani herdsmen are Nigerians and have a right to be here. They carry sticks and not dangerous weapons. If you want peace give them your land”- President Muhammadu Buhari, 2018.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Boko Haram attacks Adamawa state, Many feared Dead
- Indian man makes Donald Trump status, worships it as his God (video)
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram