Prof. Wole Soyinka, says there are some names of prominent citizens in Nigeria that he will never mention again.
Soyinka stated this at the Freedom Park in Lagos during a pre-launch event of his latest book, ‘Beyond Aesthetics’ and the launch of ‘Beautiful: The Exposition’, an art collection.
The rights activist and playwright is considered a nemesis of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Both men had in the past engaged in scathing references to each other in their books.
Concerning names mentioned in the yet-to-be-released book, “So, please don’t come at me and say why don’t you leave this man alone? It’s nothing to do with me.
“It’s just a reality and this is also an opportunity to explain to people that there is nothing really personal about some of these heavy-duty antagonists you see or read about.
“No, no, it is not. It’s taking power on and power turns ugly which is 99 percent of the time.
“There are names in this country I have promised myself I will never mention again. So, I will not mention any names. But if you find any such name here, please have patience.
“Don’t just say what on earth is he giving them? Believe me, it’s unrelated. Aesthetics, allusion for beauty…”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
Share your story with us: Whatsapp: 09029172905, Email: News@odinceblog.com
- Fani Kayode blasts Anthony Joshua for Prostrating for Buhari, says’ its disgusting
- Nollywood Actress, Funke Akindele refuses to attend her father’s Burial (photos)
- There will be crisis in Nigeria, if the North retains presidency in 2023 – Yoruba Elders
- FREEDOM: Hong Kong protesters beats up policemen for trying to stop their protest (video)
- Nigerian woman gives out her 12 year old Daughter for sxex to make money – Lagos (video)