One of the founders and Progenitor of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Emeka Emekesiri has said that many have turned the Biafran Struggle into childish jokes and business enterprises.
Emekesiri in a new year message on behalf of the Supreme Council of Elders and the Customary Government of IPOB asked his people to ignore tissues of lies and propaganda by some conspicuous members and follow the legal rules of engagement in the re-actualistion of a sovereign state of Biafra, which he reminded that its process is already before a competent court of jurisdiction in Nigeria.
READ HIS STATEMENT BELOW:
“In the first seven years of our struggle by legal methodology from 2012 to 2019, we made great impact and achieved great success in the struggle for our self-determination. The struggle by due process commenced with the publication of the book, Biafra or Nigerian Presidency- What the Ibos Want, published in 2012 where the name, Indigenous People of Biafra, was created and used to sue the Nigerian Government in a representative capacity in the Suit No FHC/OW/CS/102/2012 in the Federal High Court Owerri. The case was reconstituted in 2013 as Suit No FHC/OW/CS/192/2013 which was later transferred to Abuja.
“We have entered a new year and cannot afford to continue with the mistakes of the past. Those who were promised by their leaders that Biafra would come in 2015 have seen that it was a lie. Those who were promised the Referendum for Biafran Independence in 2017 have seen that it was a lie. Those who were told that the United Nations and the European Parliament have recognised Biafra have seen that it was a lie. Everything has a process and we advise all the Biafrans to be patient and follow the due process of self-determination.
“Unfortunately, we have observed that many Biafrans are impatient to follow the due process. They want Biafra today or tomorrow and will swallow all lies and deceptions in the name of Biafra. We have even heard that some Biafra Groups have appointed or declared their Presidents of Biafra and the Ministers of the Republic of Biafra. They have turned the Biafran Struggle into childish jokes and business enterprises and brought ridicules to the Struggle.
“We have forgiven everybody who offended us and do hereby ask for forgiveness from those who we offended. If we cannot work together because of individual preferences of likes and dislikes, or because of incompatible behaviours and ways of life, we can at least work separately in love towards the same goal without destroying each other, without lying and backbiting against each other and without constituting a stumbling block on the way of others.
“This is unity in diversity, being different in styles and approaches but pursuing the same objective with love for one another. With this attitude of love in mind, we welcome you to the New Year of our National Liberation- our year of freedom.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram
- The world is laughing at Nigeria and weeping for us at the same time – Fani Kayode
- Nigerian Pastor arrested after prophesying the Location of a Missing woman’s Dead Body – Imo state