Delta State High Court sitting in Warri Judicial Division has sentenced one Victor Nwankpa to death by hanging for armed robbery.
A notorious armed robber, Victor Nwankpa has been sentenced to death by hanging by Justice .A.A. Onojovwo of Delta State High Court on Tuesday when the defendant was arraigned before it on three count charges bothering on conspiracy, armed robbery and forgery.
The offences were punishable under sections 516 Criminal Code Law, Cap C 21, Vol. 1, Laws of Delta State, 2006; 1 (2) (a) of the Robbery and Firearms (Special Provisions) Act, Cap R11, Vol. 14, L.F.N 2010 and 467 of the Criminal Code, respectively.
The defendant, who pleaded not guilty was alleged to have on the 2nd day of November, 2014 along Okere Road in Warri conspired with others now at large to commit armed robbery and did rob one Rev. Fr. Vianney Oghenetega Adakre of his Toyota Camry car with Registration No: KSF 801 AQ, Tecno and Nokia cell phones, and other personal belongings at same place and time armed with guns.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- IPOB sends serious warning to Ijaw youths for threatening to beat IPOB members in Bayelsa
- Iran wants to Negotiate with US, but they want their Sanctions Removed, No thanks! – Trump
- Trump shows off New US Air Force Logo he designed (Photos)
- Leah Sharibu forced to accept Islam, gives birth for Boko Haram commander
- How i raped an epileptic girl inside Bush after threatening her with Gun – Nigerian hunter