President Trump sacks Gordon Sondland, the second impeachment witness to be removed from his post Friday
Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, testified during the House impeachment inquiry that he had come to believe that the administration was tying almost $400 million of security assistance for Ukraine to President Trump’s push to have the country investigate his political rivals. It added up, Sondland said, like “two plus two equals four.”
Earlier Friday, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who testified in the impeachment inquiry that he found Trump’s call to Ukraine’s leader “inappropriate,” and his twin brother were removed from their posts at the National Security Council.
Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who testified in the impeachment inquiry that he found President Trump’s call to Ukraine’s leader “inappropriate,” and his twin brother, were both removed from their posts at the National Security Council on Friday.
Alexander Vindman, who oversaw U.S. policy toward Ukraine, and Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman, an NSC lawyer, were escorted from the White House together Friday afternoon, their attorneys said. The dismissals came as Trump continued to rage against the attempt to remove him from office.
Earlier Friday, Trump said his impeachment by the House should be “expunged” because it was a “total political hoax,” as he headed to North Carolina on his first trip out of Washington since being acquitted in a Senate impeachment trial.
Trump continued to target House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah), the only Republican who voted to convict him.
The crux of the case against Trump was the allegation that he withheld military aid and a White House meeting to pressure Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden and his son. Hunter Biden served on the board of Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company, while his father was vice president.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani