The Department of Defense has identified the American soldier who died Sunday in a terror attack in Kenya carried out by Al Qaeda affiliate Al-Shabaab as Army Specialist Henry Mayfield Jr.Mayfield, 23 of Evergreen Park, Illinois, was killed in the attack, the Pentagon announced in a press release on Monday.
Mayfield was part of the Army’s 1st Battalion, 58th Aviation Regiment, 164th Theater Airfield Operations Group in Fort Rucker, Alabama, according to the release.The Pentagon added that “the incident is under investigation.”The attack occurred at a Kenya Defense Force airfield in Manda Bay, Kenya.
The attack killed Mayfield and two civilian contractors working for the Defense Department, according to US Africa Command, which is responsible for military relations with nations on the continent.
It also wounded two Department of Defense members, who were in stable condition and evacuated.One of the military contractors was Dustin Harrison from Gilbert, Arizona, his wife, Hope, confirmed to speaks.
A pilot for the contracting firm L3 Technologies, Harrison had been in a two-month rotation at the Kenya Defense Force Military Base in Manda Bay, and was scheduled to return in less than a week, she said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- 4 workers of French Christian NGO missing in Iraq
- Trump Becomes first U.S president to attend Anti-Abortion Rally in America
- “I will kill Trump tomorrow, you will see it” – man bags 5 years in Jail for threatening to kill Trump
- Nigerian man slaps someone to death in Anambra state (Photos)
- Britain is leaving European Union on Jan. 31st, I have signed the Agreement – Boris Johnson