The Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Mahmoud Yakubu has explained why results of last general elections could not be transmitted electronically, contrary to claim by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its last presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.
Atiku and the PDP, who are challenging the outcome of the last presidential election before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT), claimed to have won the election by virtue of some results they got from a certain server, into which they said INEC transmitted the results of the election.
At the resumption of the proceedings of the PEPT on Tuesday morning, lawyer to President Muhammadu Buhari, Alex Izinyon (SAN), played a video, where INEC Chairman said his commission could not transmit results electronically, because of inadequate communication facilities/coverage in the country and the challenge of cybersecurity.
Izinyon further tendered a digital video disc (DVD) which contained the interview Yakubu granted to a private television station, in which he gave details of the challenges of transmitting results electronically.
- Nigerian Female student commits suicide for being expelled from school – Ukraine (photos)
- Impeachment Trial: Trump Hires Powerful Lawyers to defend him at the Senate
- Afanifere National Secretary Arrested for obstructing Osinbajo’s Convoy – Lagos
- Iranian chess ref who Lives in Russia, says’ I will Never go back to my country
- Bus conductor and passenger fights and fall inside dirty gutter over N100 (video)