VP Yemi Osinbajo says the present organization has put N900 billion in the power part since its supposition of office in 2015.
Osinbajo expressed this when he paid a civility visit on the Asagba of Asaba, Prof. Chike Edozien on Friday in Asaba.
“Since suspicion of office, we have put so far as far as help N700 billion in the power division. Prior, we contributed N200 billion.
The VP said further that the Federal Government was putting another N600 billion in the division.
On futher steps to improve power supply in the country, the vice president said that the federal government had decided to take a second look at the power sector.
According to him, one of the reasons why there are challenges in the power sector is that each of the Distribution Companies (Discos) controls a particular territory.
And now we are saying that any company that wants to provide power to any territory, should be able to provide power for the territory and the people.
‘We have been able to break the existing monopoly in the power sector. Whether upgrade or not, the discos should be able to serve the people.
”Another strategy we are trying to introduce is to open up the power sector by restructuring,” he said.
On the second Niger Bridge, Osinbajo said that the project was very important to the Federal Government.
According to him, President Muhammadu Buhari did not only negotiate for the equipment being used for the construction of the bridge, but is also paying special attention to the project.
“I was here six weeks ago to look at the progress of the work there and I must say that the project is going on well.
“I hope that very soon we should be completing not just the bridge, but also all surrounding infrastructure both here in Asaba and the other end of the bridge,” he added.
Earlier, in his address of welcome, the Asagba of Asaba noted that poor power supply had been a major challenge in the Delta capital and appealed to the federal government to intervene in the situation.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Allowing Miyetti Allah to join Amotekun is like Recruiting Demons into an Army of Angels – Fani Kayode
- Bandits kills Man, Rapes his Daughter, abducts his wife in Delta state
- Trump please come and save us, Nigeria’s situation has gone beyond prayers – Nigerian Pastor
- 25 Repentant Boko Haram Members From Niger Republic, Arrives Nigeria (photos)
- Bleaching your skin has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God – Etinosa
- Ohanaeze blasts Buratai for planning to Recruit Youths to fight Boko Haram, says’ count Igbos out
- Drinking milk increases the risk of breast cancer in women – Study
- Anyone who thinks Buhari is in charge of his Government is fooling Himself – Pa Adebanjo
- Fulani herdsmen storms Benue state with Guns and over 4,000 Cows
- Nigerian Boy beats up his Girl friend, bites her breast