A top Iranian official and former top commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps issued a late midnight warning to President Donald Trump, promising that Tehran will bring Tel Aviv and Haifa to ashes if US dares to reciprocate Iran’s reprisal attack in vengeance for the assassination of Iranian General, Qassem Soleimani.
“If the US takes any action after our military response, we will level Tel Aviv and Haifa to the ground,” Secretary of Iran’s Expediency Council Mohsen Rezayee said minutes into Monday.
Earlier, Iran’s missile batteries were sighted on the move to the country’s Western borders, starting speculations that Tehran’s military action to revenge the US terror attack on IRGC Qods Force Commander Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani might be in the offing.
Mohsen Rezayee had warned earlier in the week that Israel is likely to have had a role in collecting intel on the flight of the martyred General from Syria to Iraq.
Rezayee’s meaningful remarks came after US President Donald Trump on Saturday warned Iran that if it retaliates for the assassination of IRGC Qods Force Commander Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani, it will face US attacks on 52 targets, a number he said was symbolic.
“Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have………targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD,” he said. “The USA wants no more threats!”
In response, Iranian Army Commander Major General Seyed Abdolrahim Mousavi said that Trump does not have the courage to attack Iran.
“The US will not dare to take any actions against our country,” the Iranian Army commander said.