Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, has said that it is not possible to stop kidnapping in Nigeria as it has now become a business.
The governor made this remark when he spoke while receiving members of the Rotary International District 9141, who paid him a courtesy visit in his office in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
”It is now impossible to stop kidnapping in Nigeria. It (kidnapping) is now a business. It has been commercialised. It is now a major business. Everyone must partner with the government to ensure that we reduce it to the barest minimum. But it cannot be totally eradicated.
“Look at what is happening across the country. Kidnapping has taken over all states. When it started here, it was politicised. But today, it is negatively affecting all states of the federation.
“A few days ago, a Court of Appeal judge was kidnapped in Benin. Before that, a Federal High Court judge was kidnapped. All of us must work together to stop this scourge,” he said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Biafra: Facebook Has Republished my Page – Nnamdi Kanu (photos)
- Federal Government Finally approves “Operation Amotekun”
- Biafra: Facebook blocks Nnamdi Kanu
- Hausa Man Steals Man’s Pennix in Abia state (Photos)
- Lecturer strips female student Nak*d in public for Sleeping with Her Boyfriend – Edo (video)