A woman born with 12 fingers and 20 toes has described how neighbours ‘keep away’ from her because they think she’s a witch.
Kumar Nayak, 63, has lived with the abnormality since birth and has never afforded treatment,.
She says others living in the same town of Ganjam, in the Indian state of Odisha, either ‘keep away’ or give her abuse because of her rare condition.
‘I was born with this defect and I couldn’t be treated as we belonged to a poor family,’ she said. ‘It has been 63 years I have been in the condition I am today.
The residents nearby believe that I am a witch and keep away from me. But sometimes more visitors come to see my condition. I am forced to stay indoors as I am treated differently.’
One sympathetic neighbour added: ‘I know that she has a medical problem, and it has nothing to do with what others believe her to be. ‘I feel so sorry for her she cannot even afford to get herself treated.’ (Metro UK)
- Buhari should Arrest all the Yoruba Leaders Behind “Operation Amotekun” – Miyetti Allah
- PHOTOS: Buhari arrives London
- 2020 prophecy: still talking about Biafra, I see a New Nation coming out of a Nation
- Iranian Leaders should Abandon Terrorism and Make Iran Great Again – Trump
- Trump warns Iranian Leader to be careful of his words, says’ Your Economy is crashing