Photos of a baby born with his intestines outside his body have been shared on social media.
The baby was delivered in Bashua community, Boki Local Government Area of Cross River state.
It’s been stated that the baby suffers from a rare birth defect called “Gastroschisis” where the abdominal wall does not form correctly. The baby’s intestines are found outside of the baby’s body, exiting through a hole beside the belly button. The hole can be small or large and sometimes other organs, such as the stomach and liver, can also be found outside of the baby’s body.
Gastroschisis occurs early during pregnancy when the muscles that make up the baby’s abdominal wall do not form correctly.
odinceblog odince blog
- Nigerian Female student commits suicide for being expelled from school – Ukraine (photos)
- Impeachment Trial: Trump Hires Powerful Lawyers to defend him at the Senate
- Afanifere National Secretary Arrested for obstructing Osinbajo’s Convoy – Lagos
- Iranian chess ref who Lives in Russia, says’ I will Never go back to my country
- Bus conductor and passenger fights and fall inside dirty gutter over N100 (video)