The oldest woman in the world has extended her record by celebrating her 117th birthday at a nursing home in southern Japan.
Kane Tanaka marked the occassion with a party at the home in Fukuoka which was attended by friends and family, the Japanese channel TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting reported.
Ms Tanaka, whose birthday was on 2 January, took a bite from a slice of her big birthday cake and said with a smile: “Tasty, I want some more.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Nigerian man arrested for sexually abusing his Little Daughter and Son – Abuja (photos)
- Buhari created Boko Haram, He cannot defeat Himself – Fani Kayode
- I can’t stop saying the Truth, I fear Nobody, I have 4 Lions in Me – Fani Kayode
- Police shoots Iraqis protesting against US military Presence in Iraq, 4 dead (photos)
- Trump Defense team already winning the Impeachment Trial, Hits back on Democrats (read)