Former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri, has berated President Muhammadu Buhari for refusing to act on the attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.
Omokri, a very outspoken critic of the All Progressives Congress led government, claimed Buhari was not concerned because the victims were Igbos.
He said this in response to the xenophobic attack on Nigerians and the response of the Nigerian Government to the development.
In a series of tweets, Omokri alleged that Buhari had not acted over the incident because the South East gave him five percent during the 2019 Presidential election.
“General @MBuhari is NOT bothered about the KILLINGS of Nigerians in SA because he feels that most Nigerians there are Igbos. They are 5 percenters. If he wanted to, he could act fast. Remember how fast he acted with Zainab Aliyu in Saudi Arabia? #StopKillingNigeriansInSA.
“What a USELESS government! A week after a foreign country has been KILLING your CITIZENS and VANDALISING PROPERTY you are still on @Twitter TALKING. Ordinary TRAVEL ADVISORY against SA you haven’t done. And you are surprised they don’t take you seriously?”
Meanwhile, the President of the Nigeria Union South Africa, NUSA, Adetola Olubajo has confirmed the sad development.
He said the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg when a building was set ablaze by an angry mob.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Men should Mastubet at least 21 times every month to avoid prostate cancer – World Health
- 4 workers of French Christian NGO missing in Iraq
- Trump Becomes first U.S president to attend Anti-Abortion Rally in America
- “I will kill Trump tomorrow, you will see it” – man bags 5 years in Jail for threatening to kill Trump
- Nigerian man slaps someone to death in Anambra state (Photos)