The Board of MTN Nigeria on Thursday condemned the recent xenophobic attacks and violence perpetrated against Nigerians and other nationalities in South Africa.
The Chairman of the board, Mr Ernest Ndukwe, also condemned the reprisal attacks against some of the companies owned by South Africa in Nigeria in recent times.
“Violence cannot and must never be acceptable and we must reject it in the strongest terms possible.
“We offer our profound sympathies to all those affected and urge all stakeholders and communities in Nigeria, South Africa and other countries, to act with restraint, and to work collaboratively to address these issues.”
“Our future as a continent will be built on enhanced connections and greater integration economically, culturally and politically. It is in all of our interests to work together,” he said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Police arrests couple for posting a video of the husband brushing his wife’s hair (video)
- Amotekun: Miyetti Allah is sick, they should go to T.B Joshua for Deliverance – Fani Kayode
- Nigeria does not exist in our consciousness, It must break up whether we like it or not – Remi Oyeyemi
- US troops blocks Russian Forces from entering Syria Oil Field (video)
- Exposed: How Uzodimma paid supreme court “₦2.5 billion” to declare him Governor of Imo state – Journalist